Directors/SupervisorsFood Service Director - Summit Food Service Management - an A'viands Company
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Summit Food Service Management - an A'viands CompanyFood Service Director
Closing Date: June 30, 2015
Job Description: Summit Food Service Management, an A'viands company, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Food Service Director to lead all aspects of the food service operation for a large multi-site K-12 school district with a population of more than 10,000 students located in the North and West Central Region of New Mexico.
- Supervises food storage, production and service programs.
- Maintains inventory system for food and supplies.
- Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition and economic handling of food as well as efficient usage of time.
- Plans menus, purchases food and supplies, and assigns duties for special meals or special occasions.
- Checks food for flavor, temperature, and appearance on a regular basis.
- Confers with District Manager or other departments regarding the technical and administrative aspects of dining service. Coordinates food service activities with other disciplines.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Dietitian/Clinical Support staff to keep informed of customer nutritional concerns.
- Interviews applicants for employment; evaluates employees on a regular basis according to prescribed guidelines; terminates employees according to standard procedures as required.
- Provides orientation and job specific training to employees.
- Plans, conducts, and oversees continuous employee training, competencies and reviews.
- Prepares work schedules, vacation schedules, etc. Maintains records of tardiness and absenteeism.
- Maintains facility specific staffing patterns to include: appropriate levels, replacement procedures, and assignments appropriate to qualifications.
- Prepares departmental budget on an annual basis in conjunction with District Manager. Maintains department within facility specific budget.
- Attends department head, safety, infection control, quality assurance, and other facility or corporate meetings as directed.
- Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and servicing areas to determine that regulations and directions governing Foodservice activities are followed including compliance with safety and sanitation.
- Plans and/or conducts and retains records of monthly staff meetings, employee training and/or in services.
- Keeps administration and District Manger informed of department activities, needs, and problems.
- Reviews department performance and institutes changes in techniques or procedures to improve services, simplify work flow, assure compliance with regulatory requirements, and promote more efficient operation of the Foodservice Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent educational experience, with academic major or concentration in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, or a NM State-recognized certificate in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, nutrition education, culinary arts, business, or a related field is required.
- Master's degree, or willingness to work toward master's degree, preferred.
- At least one year of management experience, preferably in school nutrition, strongly preferred.
- At least 3 credit hours at the university level in food service management plus at least 3 credit hours in nutritional sciences is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience coordinating food service operations.
- Must be willing to participate in at least 15 hours of annual continuing education/training. Includes topics such as:Demonstrated ability to teach others is required.
- Administrative practices (including training in application, certification, verification, meal counting, and meal claiming procedures).
- The identification of reimbursable meals at the point of service.
- Nutrition, health and safety standards.
- Any other appropriate topics as determined by Food & Nutritional Service (FNS).
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising large staff required.
Contact: For further consideration, please complete an online application through talentReef using the following: http://bit.ly/1cErxRW
back to top ^