Directors/SupervisorsDIRECTOR OF STUDENT NUTRITION/RECORD RETENTION - Morgan Hill Unified School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Morgan Hill Unified School DistrictDIRECTOR OF STUDENT NUTRITION/RECORD RETENTION
Closing Date: October 23, 2017
Job Description: Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent, Business Services or designee, plan, organize, control
and direct the operations and activities of District-wide nutrition service programs and school cafeterias
including policy and procedure development, nutrition, sanitation, purchasing, safety, meal service and
accounting functions; manage district warehouse functions including District-wide fixed assets inventory;
coordinate records retention systems District-wide; and coordinate assigned activities with other District
functions and outside agencies, assisting the Assistant Superintendent, Business Services, as directed; train
and supervise the performance of assigned staff.
Job Responsibility: REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES:
- Plan, organize, control and direct the operations and activities of District-wide nutrition service programs and school cafeterias including policy and procedure development, nutrition, sanitation, purchasing, safety, meal service and accounting functions; monitor and visit sites for compliance with applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Direct the implementation of the National School Lunch Program, National School Breakfast Program, Summer Food Service Program, Snack Program and a la carte food service according to federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Management oversight of the warehouse operations and activities for the Central and Nutrition Services warehouses; ensure accurate fixed asset inventory; assure effective and efficient workflow, timely acquisition and distribution of materials, equipment, food products, and supplies.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions.
- Develop and maintain high standards of food preparation and service with an emphasis on customer appeal, customer service, food safety, nutrition standards, meal program requirements and financial position; work with other school administrators to provide customized meal service within the
framework and needs of each site.
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of a variety of records, reports and other documents related to nutrition services, purchasing and warehouse operations, personnel, finances, sales and inventory; develop and meet departmental goals and plans based on the District strategic plan; report on progress to the Assistant Superintendent, Business Services; develop marketing plans including promotions, special events and foods to increase participation in meal programs.
- Provide information to parents and the community on program and nutrition issues; communicate with administrators, District personnel and others to coordinate activities, exchange information and resolve issues.
- Plan, develop, prepare and evaluate menus for a variety of school nutrition programs; develop recipes for various programs, testing ingredients, procedures and products; train staff on preparation and service of successful products; plan and oversee special events catering.
- Analyze and determine need for types and quantities of food, supplies and equipment; meet with manufacturers, brokers and vendors; direct and coordinate the procurement of food, supplies and equipment; prepare specifications and review bids for purchase of food, supplies and equipment;
recommend awards to the Board.
- Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for the Nutrition Services, Records Retention and Warehouse Departments; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Assure sound fiscal management practices; evaluate financial forecasts and analyze food and labor costs to assure efficient and cost-effective operations; recommend meal prices to the Board and determine supplemental sales prices using cost data and income and expense projections.
- Determine standards for efficient and sanitary practices in food preparation and service; direct the inspection of food served for quality standards; plan for proper storage and economical use of food and supplies.
- Plan, organize and implement long and short-term programs and activities designed to develop assigned programs and services; administer the Nutrition Services, Records Retention and Central Warehouse employee training programs.
- Operate a computer and assigned software programs; operate other office equipment as assigned; monitor and maintain food service software programs and hardware in cooperation with technology department and support from software companies; drive a vehicle to various sites to conduct site observations and monitor operations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Requirement: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree from an accredited college with coursework emphasis in Business Administration, Cafeteria Management, Food Service or related field required; Bachelor's Degree preferred from an accredited college or university with emphasis in foods and nutrition, institutional management or a related field.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience. Multi-unit administrative or supervisory school food service experience is desirable.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license and a driving record which meets the requirements of the District's insurance carrier.
- ServSafe Food Safety Program for Managers Certification
Letter of Introduction
Letter(s) of Recommendation (3 Letters of Recommendation - must be dated within last 24 months, at least one from direct supervisor)
Contact: Jazmine Contreras, Executive Secretary HR
Morgan Hill Unified School District
15600 Concord Circle
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
back to top ^