Directors/SupervisorsDirector of Nutrition Services - Hemet Unified School District
Director of Food Services - Roseville City School District
Director of Food Service - Goleta Union School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Hemet Unified School DistrictDirector of Nutrition Services
Closing Date: October 31, 2016
Job Description: SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent, Business Services, plan, organize, control and direct the operations of District Food and Nutrition Services related functions; coordinate and implement program standards and procedures and assure compliance with applicable State and federal regulations; assure a safe and efficient work environment and economically sound operations; train and supervise the performance of assigned personnel.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHICH MAY OCCUR
- Work inside protected from weather more than 7 hrs/day.
- Speech Intelligibility in Quiet
- Oral Comprehension
- Information Ordering
- Category Flexibility
- Fluency of Ideas
- Auditory Understanding
- Speed of Closure
- Time Sharing
- Oral Expression
- Speech Recognition
- Problem Sensitivity
- Inductive Reasoning
- Written Comprehension
- Deductive Reasoning
- Selective Attention
- Written Expression
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Responsibility: REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Plan, organize, control and direct District-wide food service operations; develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures and prospective legislation related to District food service programs and local and state health laws.
- Serve as the District's authorized representative to establish procedures, standards and records necessary to comply with local, State and federal laws and regulations related to child nutrition programs.
- Operate a computer and assigned software programs; operate other office equipment as assigned; operate a vehicle to conduct work.
- Attend and conduct a variety of meetings as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Train and supervise the performance of assigned personnel; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions; coordinate and conduct in-services and food service training programs; assist in establishing annual calendars and job descriptions.
- Provide technical expertise, information and assistance to the Assistant Superintendent-Business Services, Superintendent and Board regarding food service operations; assist in the formulation and development of programs to assure an economical, safe and efficient work environment; advise the Assistant Superintendent of unusual trends or problems and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Plan, organize and implement long and short-term nutrition education programs and training activities designed to enhance student health and food service programs and services; establish standards for quality of food and menu development to meet the dietary guidelines for children.
- Organize and monitor the purchasing, ordering, receiving, distribution and storage of food and related supplies and equipment to school sites including the Food Production Center and catering activities; prepare product recommendations; write specifications for the purchase of items such as food, supplies and equipment; oversee and approve food, supply and equipment requisitions; monitor inventory levels.
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records and files related to food service activities and personnel; submit report to appropriate departments and agencies to assure State and federal expense reimbursements; compose memoranda, procedure manuals, handbooks and related materials.
- Communicate with other administrators, personnel, vendors, students, parents and outside organizations to coordinate food service activities; coordinate public relations; prepare newsletters and menus; collaborate with Human Resources to resolve issues and conflicts and exchange information.
- Develop and prepare the annual preliminary budget for the Department; analyze and review budgetary and financial data; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
- Plan for the construction of new kitchen facilities and remodeling of existing kitchen facilities; prepare equipment and material specifications.
- Planning, organization and operation of a large food service program.
- Food service and commodity purchasing and procurement principles, practices and procedures.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Type and sources of supplies, materials and equipment utilized in a school district food service operation.
- Menu analysis and development techniques.
- Nutritional requirements of school-aged children.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training.
- Perform all of the essential duties of the position.
- Plan, organize, control and direct the operations of District Food and Nutrition Services related functions.
- Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
- Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files related to assigned activities.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Coordinate and implement program standards and procedures and assure compliance with applicable State and federal regulations.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Assure a safe and efficient work environment and economically sound operations.
- Train and supervise the performance of assigned personnel.
- Purchase quantity items and services economically, efficiently and in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
Job Requirement: EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
- Any combination equivalent to: bachelor's degree in nutrition, dietetics, business administration or related field.
- Five (5) years increasingly responsible supervisory experience in charge of menu planning, food purchasing, preparation and serving in a public institution, commercial establishment or related field is required.
- Valid California Class C driver's license is required.
- ServSafe Certification is required.
- Registration with American Dietetic Association preferred.
Contact: Please click the following link to apply:
Job posting is open until filled.
back to top ^
Roseville City School DistrictDirector of Food Services
Closing Date: October 31, 2016
Job Description: The job of Director of Food Services is done for the purpose/s of directing food and nutrition programs and services; providing information and serving as a resource to others; achieving defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services in compliance with established guidelines; and serving as a member of the leadership team.
Job Responsibility: Responsibilities include: working independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve unit objectives; managing a department; Utilization of significant resources from other work units is routinely required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization's services.
Job Requirement: BA/BS, or equivalent educational experience with academic major in specific areas; BA/BS with School Nutrition Directors certificate; BA/BS with at least 5 years of experience in management of school nutrition programs.
Contact: Can apply at www.rcsdk8.org via the Employment tab on the home page or www.edjoin.org.
Lori Orr (email@example.com) or Deana Carrillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application/required documents must be submitted through EdJoin.
back to top ^
Goleta Union School DistrictDirector of Food Service
Closing Date: October 28, 2016
Job Description: Goleta Union School District serves 3,700 elementary students in nine schools, all K-6. 7 Class size is under 20 in Grades K, 1, 2, and 3; and averages 24 in Grades 4, 5, and 6. The District has a diverse student population and professional staff. Approximately 30% of students are English Language Learners, 42% participate in the National School Lunch Program. All schools serve breakfast. Lunch is served at all schools with a full salad bar provided daily. Most menu items are made from scratch with wholesome ingredients, with many fresh fruits and vegetables purchased from local farmers and organic when possible. All grains are whole grains as well.
Job Responsibility: GUSD Food Services continually strives to serve the healthiest and freshest foods possible. The Director of Food Services, plans, organizes, and supervises the food service program in compliance with safety, federal, state and district policies and regulations. He/she is responsible for maintaining records of income and expenditures, for food and supplies. The Director of Food Services reports directly to the Assistant Superintendent - Fiscal Services.
The ideal candidate will create, plan and analyze menus in accordance with standards for proper nutrition. The candidate will maintain an efficient food operation and a high quality food service staff. He/she will assist in the development and presentation of nutrition education programs for teachers, parents, and students. The candidate will be familiar with NutriKids or similar software.
Job Requirement: Candidates should have at least four years experience in charge of menu planning, food purchasing, preparation and serving with a school district or other public institution or commercial establishment. A Registered Dietitian is preferred.
Contact: 401 N Fairview Avenue
back to top ^
> Coming Soon
> Coming Soon