Directors/SupervisorsChild Nutrition Supervisor ll - CDE-Nutrition Services Division
Director of Child Nutrition Services - Keppel Union School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
CDE-Nutrition Services DivisionChild Nutrition Supervisor ll
Closing Date: April 26, 2017
Job Description: The salary is $5,473-$7,317 per month. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager III of the Program Integrity, Compliance, and Administration Section, the Child Nutrition Supervisor (CNS) ll will manage the Northern California regions of the Northern Field Services Unit (NFSU), which has regional responsibility to review, monitor, and provide technical assistance to all agencies participating in child nutrition programs (CNP) to assure their compliance with federal and state regulations.
Job Responsibility: The incumbent will supervise four CNS Is (Regional Managers) and staff to implement the CNPs' responsibilities by performing the following duties:
- Manage regional supervisors who oversee outstationed Child Nutrition Consultants and Child Nutrition Assistants conducting compliance reviews, vendor reviews, management and technical reviews, and workshops
- Develop statewide compliance monitoring procedures and policies for all agencies in California participating in the CNPs to ensure statewide consistency in the review process in accordance with federal and state regulations
- Collaborate with the Southern Field Services Unit CNS II to prepare and monitor the administrative review and technical assistance workload to maximize productivity and ensure timely completion of mandated activities
- Interpret the complex regulations and policies affecting the CNPs to staff to ensure statewide consistency and compliance with federal and state laws
- Collaborate with other Nutrition Services Division units and departmental programs in the implementation of NFSU responsibilities
Job Requirement: DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Must be willing to travel. Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse population.
WHO MAY APPLY: Individuals who are eligible for all methods of appointment may be considered (e.g., list appointment, transfer, re-instatement, surplus, State Restriction of Appointments [SROA], reemployment, Training and Development assignment). Preference given to candidates with CNP knowledge and experience, as well as Registered Dietitians. For information on how to obtain list eligibility, please visit the CalHR Web site at http://www.jobs.ca.gov/. All applicants must clearly indicate the basis for their eligibility in the "Explanations" section on the Standard State Application Form (STD. 678). Applications will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ON THE CERTIFICATION LIST BY PASSING THE EXAM PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION. THE EXAM CAN BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING LINK: HTTP://WWW.CDE.CA.GOV/RE/DI/JB/SSOEXAM.ASP.
Contact: Submit a CA State Application (Form 678) to:
Sylvia Honton (2476)
Nutrition Services Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814
back to top ^
Keppel Union School DistrictDirector of Child Nutrition Services
Closing Date: April 21, 2017
Job Description: KEPPEL UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
DIRECTOR OF CHILD NUTRITION SERVICES
Under the direction of the Superintendent or designee, to plan, coordinate, direct and manage the District child nutrition program; review, audit, and evaluate the child nutrition operational process and the performance of the child nutrition services personnel; provide an environment that supports healthy food habits while maintaining program integrity and customer satisfaction; and to do other related work as required.
Board Approved: December 10, 2015
Job Responsibility: EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Customer service - implements a district-wide customer service driven philosophy that focuses on value and satisfaction;
- Sanitation, food safety, and employee safety - establishes procedures to ensure that food is prepared and served in a sanitary and safe environment;
- Financial management - performs responsible managerial functions related to budgetary planning, expenditure control, purchasing and distribution as it relates to the child nutrition program;
- Program management - implements efficient management techniques to ensure all records and supporting documentation are maintained in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and policies;
- Food production - ensures operational procedures for efficient and effective food production and distribution;
- Procurement - develops purchasing guidelines to ensure purchased food, supplies, and equipment reflect district needs, policies, and nutrition objectives;
- Nutrition and menu planning - develops menus that maintain nutrition integrity and meet all local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations;
- General management - develops short and long term goals through strategic planning for the district child nutrition program that supports the philosophy and policies of the Board of Education;
- Personnel management - implements personnel policies and procedures for the child nutrition program according to local, state, and federal regulations and laws;
- Communication - communicates program information to encourage and secure support for the school food and nutrition program from the Board of Education, administrators, faculty, students, parents, and community;
- Nutrition education - establishes the role of the child nutrition department as a resource for expertise in the development and presentation of nutrition education materials and activities;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirement: QUALIFICATIONS
- Principles, methods, techniques and equipment utilized in the preparation, cooking, baking, and serving of large quantities of foods;
- Menu preparation and recipe development which provides for nutritionally balanced and attractive foods for children;
- Federal and state child nutrition programs;
Principles, methods, and techniques of organization, supervision, personnel evaluation, and training.
- Direct, coordinate, and manage food service operations in an effective and efficient manner;
- Demonstrate appropriate cooking, baking, and serving methods and techniques;
- Analyze and design effective and efficient food service operational methods and procedures;
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the work of others, and stimulate and motivate food service personnel to high levels of quantity and quality performance;
- Plan, develop, and maintain a comprehensive record management system;
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
- Establish and maintain positive cooperative working relationships;
- Routinely and correctly lift and carry weights up to, but not to exceed 35 pounds.
Three years (five years preferred) of progressively responsible supervisory experience in a large institutional type food service with at least one year (three years preferred) in a school district.
Associate's degree (Bachelor's preferred) with major in any of the following specific areas: food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business or a related field;
Valid ServSafe food safety certificate.
Contact: Log into EdJoin for application details and testing requirements.
Keppel Union School District
P. O. Box 186
Pearblossom, CA 93554
back to top ^