Directors/SupervisorsVaughn Food Service Director - Vaughn Next Century Learning Center
Assistant Director - Food Services - Anaheim Union High School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Vaughn Next Century Learning CenterVaughn Food Service Director
Closing Date: January 15, 2017
Job Description: The Food Service Director (FSD) oversees all aspects of the Vaughn Child Nutrition Program (CNP) and food service operation. The FSD plans, administers, implements, monitors and evaluates the school wide school nutrition program for Pre K through Grade 12 students and works to ensure the delivery of an effective and high quality program. The FSD maintains and further develops the CNP program that meets federal and state standards and regulations in regards to food preparation, nutritional requirements, meal planning, sanitation and the reimbursable meal process. The FSD oversees the daily operations of the cafeterias and is responsible for the fiscal management of the school nutrition program budget. The FSD helps establish an environment that supports healthy food habits while maintaining program integrity and customer satisfaction. The FSD works closely and collaboratively with the Vaughn Food Service Manager, Cafeteria Managers and the Business Office personnel.
- Establishes high quality standards for food service
- Enforces food and employee safety policies and procedures that ensures a sanitary and safe environment
- Implements efficient management techniques to ensure all records and supporting documentation are maintained in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and policies
- Establishes standards for procurement, receiving, storing, and inventory of food and non-food supplies
- Ensures Child Nutrition Program compliance with all local, state, and federal laws, regulations,and policies
- Develops cost-effective menus that maintain and enhances nutrition integrity and meets all local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations
- Employs proactive management techniques and implements policies and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the Child Nutrition Program
- Implements effective personnel policies and procedures in the management of food service staff members
- Develops a marketing plan that promotes program accountability to students, parents, teachers, administrators, support staff, and community
- Implements management information systems that increase the productivity and efficiency of the school food and nutrition operation
- Post secondary education in the field of Food Service Management (Hospitality Management), Community Nutrition and Marketing, and/or equivalent educational experience such as an extensive training program in school nutrition topics from a professional association with a credentialing and certification program
- 8 hours of food safety management training (Certificate renewed every 5 years)
- Experience with the National School Lunch Program / School Breakfast Program or other child nutrition programs
- English/Spanish Bilingual preferred
Contact: Contact:Suzanne Llamas
Phone 818 686-7813
Fax 818 834-9036
back to top ^
Anaheim Union High School DistrictAssistant Director - Food Services
Closing Date: December 09, 2016
Job Description: Under the direction of the Director of Food Services, assists in planning, organizing, controlling and directing activities related to Food Services, nutrition education and training of students, parents and district employees; develops and analyzes menus; implements and adheres to USDA and State Nutrition Standards in menu offerings; assures compliance with quality control in serving kitchens; coordinates activities in preparation for USDA/State of California Administrative Review audits; supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel; assists the Director of Food Services in the overall management of the Food Services Department, and performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Responsibility: Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification, and are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified employees can perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Establishes and implements nutrition education programs for students, staff and the community;
- Conducts research and analyzes data regarding nutritional adequacy and assures compliance with government regulations;
- Evaluates and adapts nutrition resource materials provided by outside sources to the needs and uses of the Food Services Department;
- Writes nutritional education curriculum; composes reports and publications which are provided to District personnel, students and parents;
- Provides technical advice and materials on nutritional matters to district employees, students, parents, and the community;
- Develops and directs menu planning; evaluates new products and determines placement on school menus according to established procedures;
- Works with Food Service Managers and school health personnel to make special diets for students with food restrictions such as those specified in Doctors' orders or IEP. Be available daily on an on-call basis to school nurses to address immediate food/health concerns;
- Calculates and writes special diets as needed;
- Develops food allergy, nutrition, wellness, and other policies by working with members of the school communities and appropriate school district committees;
- Maintains nutrient analysis software programs and department's standardized recipe programs;
- Assumes responsibility for the Food Service Program in the absence of the Director of Food Services.
GENERAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assists in planning, developing and implementing the work plans, systems and procedures of the Food Services Department;
- Works to achieve District and departmental goals and performance measures consistent with federal, state and District laws, policies, regulations and rules;
- Manages and supervises the procurement, accounting, preparation, and delivery of meals;
- Obtains and evaluates food specifications from purveyors;
- Supervises and directs Food Services staff in the operation of school breakfast and lunch programs;
- Assists in selecting, training, directing and evaluating assigned staff;
- Resolves complaints received on product quality or delivery service to schools, District warehouses or central kitchen;
- Trains staff on USDA meal patterns and compliance issues;
- Visits cafeterias and other food service sites to provide technical assistance to personnel in selecting, ordering, preparing and serving foods;
- Develops and facilitates nutrition surveys and needs assessments for student nutrition programs;
- Monitors the District's food services program to ensure adherence to federal, state and local nutritional requirements and maintains appropriate records;
- Assures that quality control standards in satellite kitchens are maintained and are in compliance with nutrition analysis;
- Recommends changes in the District's food service programs related to products and methods of food preparation and service plans and implements special projects to facilitate meeting customer needs and to improve financial performance;
- Maintains various reports and records; Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Requirement: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor's degree in nutrition, dietetics, food science, food production, public health or related field. Registered Dietitian (R.D.) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) status with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) is requried at the time of application and throughout employment. A School Nutrition Specialist (SNS) credential with the School Nutrition Association (SNA) is desirable.
Four years of experience in the field of nutrition which includes responsibility involving nutritional and feeding programs for students in an institutional food services setting including two years in a management or supervisory capacity.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent is required to use a personal automobile and must possess a valid California class C driver's license and liability insurance at time of appointment.
Contact: Please apply online at: www.auhsd.us
Go to: 'Employment', 'Classified Jobs', then select 'Assistant Director - Food Services.
back to top ^