Directors/SupervisorsAssistant Director Nutrition Services - Hesperia Unified School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Hesperia Unified School DistrictAssistant Director Nutrition Services
Closing Date: September 24, 2014
Job Description: Site: Nutrition Services
Deadline: Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Note: On the deadline date, applications will be accepted
1) in the office until 5:00pm
2) in the drop box by 8:00a.m. the following morning
Posted for (7) business days.
Under the direction of the Director of Food Services, the Assistant Director of Food Services plans, directs and coordinates the work assignments of the Food Service Personnel.
- Ability to lift containers or packaging up to fifty pounds in weight.
- Assists with planning menus for meal programs and catering.
- Assists in the procurement of food and supplies for all meal programs.
- Assists in planning staffing for meal programs and catering events.
- Capability of being insured to operate District owned motorized vehicles
- Deal courteously and tactfully with students, staff and public.
- Estimate meal cost and prepare related reports.
- Identifies and solves problems related to student meal programs.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the Food Service Department and staff.
- Plans, organizes, supervises and assists in the hiring and evaluation of work performances of Food Service staff.
- Provides training to Food Service personnel in food preparation and sanitation procedures.
- Provides training to Food Service personnel in safe use of equipment.
- Provides training to new personnel.
- Reviews and approves applications for student meal programs.
- Reviews and verifies records maintained in regards to meal programs.
- Trains Food Service personnel in District policies.
- Visits school sites to observe and oversee site operations in regards to student meal programs.
- Visits school sites to observe and supervise food service employees.
Job Responsibility: Other Job Functions
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Maintains and fosters cooperative working relationships between Food Service employees and school sites and other departments and operations.
- Participates in workshops and conferences or professional organizations to maintain and improve required skills.
- Participates in District committees and administrator meetings upon request.
- Participates in the development process of new procedures caused by changes in regulations.
- Prepares in-service training materials and reports as required.
Job Requirement: Job Requirements - Qualifications
- Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel management and budgeting. Quantity food preparation and laws and regulations pertaining to California and Federal child nutrition programs. Bookkeeping, procurement, menu cost analysis and perpetual inventory procedures.
- Ability to plan and organize work with minimal supervision. Carry out District policies. Plan, direct and coordinate work of others. Interpret and apply current laws, rules and regulations of student meal programs. Estimate costs and prepare reports. Deal courteously and tactfully with students, staff and public. Lift containers or packaging up to fifty pounds in weight.
- Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor's Degree desired in nutritional or food management.
Experience: Four years full time experience in school or institutional food service. Two years verifiable full time supervisory experience in school or institutional food service.
Licensing, Testing Requirements: Serv-Safe certification. Possession of a valid California Driver's license, capable of being insured to operate District owned motorized vehicles; fingerprint/criminal justice clearance; Tuberculosis clearance.
Contact: For application submittal:
Refer to our website www.hesperiausd.org, select personnel and select job opportunities.
Refer to www.edjoin.org
back to top ^