Directors/SupervisorsAssistant Director, Fiscal Services - Hawthorne School District
Supervisor of Nutrition Services - Greenfield Union School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Hawthorne School DistrictAssistant Director, Fiscal Services
Closing Date: February 19, 2016
Job Description: Under the direction of the Fiscal Services Director, is responsible for directing, training and supervising district accounting staff in processing payrolls, payables, receivables, journal entries, and budget revisions for all district funds; schedules, plans and organizes day to day business functions.
- Organizes, directs and participates in the calculation, posting, auditing and adjustment of journal entries; monitors, evaluates and reconciles designated accounts and funds; assures accurate accounting of funds including income and expenditures; audits accounts for errors and makes appropriate adjustments; reconciles various fiscal statements to assure accurate fund accounting.
- Oversees and participates in the input of a variety of financial and statistical data into an assigned computer system; establishes and maintains automated records and files; initiates queries, manipulates data and generates a variety of computerized reports; assures accuracy of input and output data.
- Organizes, directs and participates in the processing of accounts payable as assigned; audits invoices, payments and related paperwork for accuracy; investigates and resolves discrepancies; approves outgoing payments as directed; initiates fund transfers as appropriate.
- Oversees the processing of accounts receivable as required; assures proper reconciliation of cash accounts; reviews, codes and assures accuracy of deposits and reconciliations; audits revenue, transactions and receipts to identify and resolves discrepancies.
Job Requirement: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferably a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, with emphasis in accounting or a directly related field, from an accredited college.
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience in professional accounting, preferably in a school/governmental setting.
Bachelor Degree preferred but not mandatory.
$67,913 - $91,336/annually
Contact: For further job description go to http://www.hawthorne.k12.ca.us/
Glinda Medina, (310) 676-2276
back to top ^
Greenfield Union School DistrictSupervisor of Nutrition Services
Closing Date: February 12, 2016
Job Description: KNOWLEDGE OF:
Managing Child Nutrition program and related government guidelines; basic accounting; computer as a tool for Nutrition Services enhancement; knowledge of menu planning software; Point of Sale (P.O.S.) software.
Assist in managing the district Nutrition Services program in conformance with Federal, State, local regulations, health ordinances, and school district policies.
- Implements standards to ensure the operation of a nutritionally sound school Nutrition Services program
- Cooperates with district and site Administrators and Cafeteria Managers in staffing/personnel management and program implementation.
- Acts as district alternate representative for Partners in Nutrition Cooperative (PINCO).
- Follows established procedures for procurement, distribution, and storage of food and nonfood materials.
- Assists in implementing sanitation and safety standards.
- Maintains effective working relationships with all departments in the school district.
- Seeks to maintain an effective communication and public relations program with the local community, other school districts, county and state organizations.
- Bilingual highly desired
Job Responsibility: Under the direction of the Director of Nutrition Services, assists with the planning, directing, organization, implementation, and coordination of all aspects of the district Child Nutrition Program to ensure that all students have access to nutritious and cost effective meals. Ensures the district is in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, mandates, and health requirements. Ability to fill in for Director of Nutrition Services during times of absence.
Job Requirement: APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS Greenfield Union School District Application Resume Cover Letter 3 current letters of recommendation Copy of Manager ServSafe Certification
Full job description available upon request.
Contact: Any questions please call:
Greenfield Union School District
Attn: Nutrition Services Department
1624 Fairview Road
Bakersfield, Ca 93307
Also posted on edjoin
back to top ^