Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Palo Verde Unified School DistrictSupervisor, Nutrition Services
Closing Date: May 24, 2013
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Business Services, the Supervisor of Nutrition Services works with others to plan, develop, administer and supervise the school Nutrition Services program in all schools of the district and to perform other duties connected with such operation.
Did you know that Blythe California is located along the Colorado River in the South East section of Riverside County bordering Arizona. Blythe is a rural farming community about 1 hour from Palm Desert with much to offer in outdoor activities.
- Directs and administers the Nutrition Service program to conform with all State and Federal regulations and District policy.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates all school breakfast and lunch programs, the Child and Adult Care Food Program and Summer Food Program.
- Plans menus and supervises the Nutrition services operations in the district with emphasis on meeting the daily nutritional needs of children and youth; provides standards for quality and quantity of foods prepared and served; sets standards for efficient and sanitary practices in food preparation and service.
- Makes recommendations in the selection, training, assignment, evaluation and dismissal, of Nutrition Services personnel.
- Prepares and monitors department budget and analyzes financial records.
- Cooperates in the development of a fiscal operating policy for the school lunch/breakfast program which encourages maximum participation; plans procedure for income and expenditures relating to the school lunch/breakfast program; maintains necessary accounting information as required by the business office for profit and loss statements, food inventories, payrolls, retirement records and other benefits such as vacation pay and sick leave.
- Develops specifications, tests quality, and determines amounts of food, operating supplies, and equipment to be purchased; arranges efficient distribution of food and supplies to school and supervises proper storage and inventory control.
- Assists in planning layouts and in the selection and placement of suitable equipment and furnishings, plans for maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Arranges for health examinations and certificates as are required.
- Assists in the integration of nutrition education and school meal programs with the school health program.
- Prepares school lunch/breakfast and nutrition information for distribution to children, school personnel, and the community.
- Works with parents and other groups to acquaint them with the school meal programs and enlist their support and participation.
- Responsible for the approval, verification, and notification for free and reduced priced meal applications and other requirements involved in the maintenance of such records.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
Job Requirement: QUALIFICATIONS, (EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE):
Bachelor's degree in dietetics, nutrition or related field.
Status as a registered dietitian preferred.
Work experience in food service, school food service, management or equivalent preferred.
Principals of supervision, training, progressive discipline and evaluation methods.
Current food safety certificate or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely and effectively and maintains a valid driver's license.
QUALIFICATIONS, (KNOWLEDGE OF AND SKILLS):
Knowledge of principles of budget preparation and control.
Knowledge of modern office practices, methods and computer equipment.
Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks efficiently.
Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form using positive interpersonal skills.
Contact: Palo Verde Unified School District
295 North First Street
Blythe, CA 92225
(760)922-4164 x 1247