Directors/SupervisorsDirector of Nutrition Services - Fullerton School District
Food Service Director - Fowler Unified School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Fullerton School DistrictDirector of Nutrition Services
Closing Date: March 27, 2017
Job Description: The Personnel Commission is seeking a qualified individual for a full-time management position in our Nutrition Services Department.
Under administrative direction of the Assistant Superintendent, Business Services, plans, coordinates, directs and oversees District-wide food nutrition services in schools and facilities and acts as a liaison between school principals, the community and administrative personnel, and oversees the development of nutritional menus designed to meet National School Lunch Program requirements.
Job Responsibility: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, coordinates and directs the nutrition services program to provide school meals and snack requirements and other special food services;
- Sets standards and administers the nutrition service program in accordance with good nutritional, health and budget requirements and state and federal regulations;
- Conducts nutrient analysis of menus and recipes to meet state standards
- Establishes and makes changes to staffing patterns and delegates responsibility for carrying out functions of the program;
- Develops customer and department policies;
- Supervises and evaluates assigned staff, plans and implements mandatory training for food service and other personnel per program and state requirements;
- Analyzes trends in school lunch sale and costs;
- Analyzes inventory to plan well balanced, cost effective and attractive lunch and breakfast menus;
- Develops marketing and merchandising strategies to promote and maintain student participation in all nutrition service programs offered;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.*
*The complete job description can be found on Edjoin.org
Job Requirement: Education: A bachelor's degree in dietetics, institutional management, nutrition, food science or a closely related field to the duties and requirements of the classification from an institute of higher learning recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation is required.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience in the administration of a large nutrition service program or in a large institutional feeding program, including at least two (2) years of supervisory responsibility for a large kitchen and a diversified feeding program, is required. Additional managerial experience in the field of school nutrition services above the required minimum may be substituted for college education on a year-to-year basis for up to two (2) years.
- Possession of a valid Class C California Driver's License and insurability to drive a District vehicle as part of the District's Pull Notice program is required.
- A valid ServSafe California Food Handler certification is required.
Contact: Eddie Bui
Classified Personnel Analyst
1401 W. Valencia Dr.
Fullerton, Ca 92833
Apply online on EdJoin at https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/893941
Search for "Fullerton Elementary"
back to top ^
Fowler Unified School DistrictFood Service Director
Closing Date: March 24, 2017
Job Description: Plan, organize, supervise, train and direct all phases of the Food Service operation at each school sites (6).
- Plan school site menus and production worksheets that meet USDA requirements
- Direct staff training including food production, work simplification, safety and hygiene
- Oversee & train staff on breakfast, lunch, supper, snacks, summer meals & offer v-serve
- Site monitoring, reviews, and evaluation of cafeteria staff and facilities
- A.A. degree required, B.S. degree preferred.
- Food Handlers Certification required.
Contact: Keith Loewen, District Accountant
658 E. Adams Ave.
Fowler, CA 93625
(559) 834-3390 - Fax
back to top ^