ManagersFood Services Manager, Level 2 - Hawthorne School District, Food Services
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Hawthorne School District, Food ServicesFood Services Manager, Level 2
Closing Date: September 17, 2014
Job Description: Plans, schedules, leads and participates in the preparation, cooking, baking and serving of a
variety of foods, including cooked main dishes, vegetables, hot and cold sandwiches, salads and
desserts. Kitchen produces ~1,300 meals daily.
Responsible for a staff of 10.
Job Responsibility: Plans and develops work schedules.
- Assists in menu planning and adheres to predetermined menus
- Participates in the serving of foods.
- Maintains inventory and storeroom records.
- Coordinates and reviews the counting of cash and the preparation of cash receipts and bank deposits.
- Requisitions foodstuffs and supplies, and receives, inspects and confirms the quantity and quality of foodstuffs delivered.
- Leads and participates in portion control, and the wrapping, arranging and storage of foods to ensure appropriate and efficient use of foodstuffs and supplies.
- Maintains the food service facility in a clean, neat, safe and sanitary condition.
- Maintains a variety of records pertaining to the food service facility operation and prepares written reports as required.
- Assists in the planning and preparation of banquet and catering type service.
- Prepares and packages hot and cold foods for delivery to the Child Care Center.
- Provides performance appraisal of food service workers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Three years experience in quantity food preparation, service and facility maintenance in a commercial, institutional or school food service setting, including one year in a lead capacity.
- Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, including or supplemented by coursework in nutrition, quantity food preparation, menu planning, safety sanitation or other closely related areas.
- Must possess and submit a copy of ServSafe or equivalent certification.
- Must score 70% or better on the Nutrition and Food Services Manager II Examination.
Contact: edjoin.org or contact Glinda Medina @ 1-310-263-3964.
back to top ^