ManagersManager of Food Services Operations - Santa Ana Unified School District
Nutrition Services Business Manager - SBCUSD - Personnel Commission
Nutrition Program Manager - SBCUSD/Personnel Commission
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Santa Ana Unified School DistrictManager of Food Services Operations
Closing Date: November 04, 2014
Job Description: BASIC FUNCTION:
Under the direction of the Director of Food Services, plan and coordinate the food service operations of the District.
- Develop and implement procedures to improve food service operations at the school sites and the central food facility. E
- Assist in establishing uniform personnel practices and basic job descriptions. E
- Interview and recommend placement of personnel, plan work schedules, establish work performance standards, and plan inservice training for regular staff and new employees. E
- Evaluate performance of employees directly supervised. E
- Administer and supervise accounting and record keeping of food service transactions. E
- Prepare informational bulletins, operation manuals, required reports and needs assessments. E
- Inform employees and the public of food service program compliance with federal, state and local laws and policies. E
- Assist in menu planning to ensure adequate nutrition within financial limitations for food service operations. E
- Keep current on latest developments in school food service programs. E
- Monitor hours assigned and validate time cards of food service employees. E
- Survey student food preferences and respond as appropriate in accordance with state and federal regulations, and District policies. E
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Community and city.
- Applicable national, state and local laws and regulations related to food service.
- Personnel management.
- Food purchasing procedures.
- Food preparation.
- Sanitation and health laws.
- Safety regulations.
- Cost management and accounting.
- Social, cultural and linguistic diversity of District, city and community.
- Organize and manage Food Service operation.
- Plan menus.
- Supervise accounts and preparation of reports.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Plan and supervise work.
- Train and supervise personnel.
- Perform the essential functions of the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to an Associate of Arts degree in food service, home economics or institutional management and three years of supervisory experience in a school or institutional food service program.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California driver's license.
Job Responsibility: WORKING CONDITIONS:
Office and central kitchen environment.
Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Seeing to read a variety of materials and drive a vehicle.
- Sitting or standing for periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment and appliances.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting or moving objects, normally not exceeding forty (40) pounds.
- Reaching over head, above the shoulders and horizontally.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Job Requirement: Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $6,890 - $8,109
Requirements for Applying:
Please complete the online application by visiting EDJoin.org and attach copies of the following documents:
Any Combination equivalent to an Associate of Arts degree in food services, home economics or institutional management and three years of supervisory experience in a school or institutional food service program.
THE DOCUMENTS SPECIFIED ABOVE MUST BE ATTACHED IN ORDER FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT.
back to top ^
SBCUSD - Personnel CommissionNutrition Services Business Manager
Closing Date: October 26, 2014
Job Description: Serves as a manager of the business support section of the Nutrition Services department; to render advice and consultation to the director; and to assist the director, as directed in the overall management of the Nutrition Services Department.
Salary: $336.35 to $408.84 per diem. Positions in this class work 211 or 228 days per year.
Job Responsibility: Manages the business support functions of the Nutrition Services Department in areas which include, but are not limited to financial planning, reporting and record keeping; budget development and administration; management information and computer services; procurement planning and control; personnel management. Plans organizes, and supervises the work of departmental support staff, selecting,making assignments, setting priorities for and training personnel. Oversees the maintenance of departmental payroll related information. Monitors and confers with District purchasing services to ensure timely purchases and competitive pricing. Recommends policy, procedural, program and standards changes. Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Requirement: Three years of supervisory experience in business support functions with emphasis in finance, accounting, purchasing, personnel and contract administration in an automated environment, preferably with some experience in a public agency or commercial/institutional food industry. Certified CPA desirable and a Bachelor's degree in business administration,accounting or a related field.
Contact: Personnel Commission/777 North F Street/San Bernardino, CA 92410/(909) 381-1280/Only online applications submitted via www.sbcusd.com will be accepted.
back to top ^
SBCUSD/Personnel CommissionNutrition Program Manager
Closing Date: October 26, 2014
Job Description: Serves as the manager of the Nutrition Services Department main central kitchen and to render advice to the director; and to assist the director, as directed in the overall management of the Nutrition Services Department, as it relates to the operation of the center.
Salary: $336.35 to $408 per diem. Positions in this class work 228-days per year. PERS Retirement; Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance: Vacation, Holidays and Sick Leave. Benefits based on a 40-hour workweek, 8 hours per day.
Job Responsibility: Serves as the responsible manager of the Central kitchen operation, including: food production, distribution, warehousing and operations, catering department, menu development, and contract food service administration. Performs responsible nutrition program research and development work. Develops and implements marking strategies. Plans, organizes and supervises the work of division personnel, selecting, making assignments, setting priorities for and training personnel. Researches nutrition education techniques, materials and programs; centralized food production, equipment, storage and distribution; and specialized food service programs for selected school student populations and related matters. recommends policy, procedural, program and standards changes. Performs related duties as required.
Fingerprinting, Drug and Tuberculosis Testing is required of all successful candidates new to the District. Proof of required education in the form of copies of high school diploma, GED certificates, College degrees or transcripts must be submitted with the application.
Job Requirement: Three years of supervisory/managerial experience in institutional, commercial, or school large-quantity food preparation involving a broad range of products and a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, in nutrition, institutional food management, hotel and restaurant management, public health or a related field. Substitutions: Experience as a nutrition educator, dietician, or institutional food service program administrator may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. ServSafe Certification must be submitted no later than 90 calendar days after employment. Possession of a valid CA Driver's License
Contact: Personnel Commission/777 North F Street, San Bernardino, CA 92410/(909)381-1280/Only online applications submitted via www.sbcusd.com will be accepted. Computer access available a the Personnel Commission office.
back to top ^