ManagersCafeteria Supervisor II - Columbus Tustin Middle/Tustin Unified School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Columbus Tustin Middle/Tustin Unified School DistrictCafeteria Supervisor II
Closing Date: August 29, 2014
Job Description: DEFINITION:
Under the direction of the Nutrition Services Operations Manager, plans, organizes, coordinates,
supervises and participates in the nutrition service operations and activities at a school site; trains
and evaluates the performances of assigned personnel.
- Plans, organizes and assigns duties to personnel.
- Coordinates and assigns staff work schedules and hours required.
- Supervises and trains food service workers in the preparation of pre-plated and packaged lunches, and a la carte items.
- Supervises and participates in portion control, arranging, and storing of foods, establishes a systemized procedure for the rotational use of foodstuffs, supplies an materials.
- Ensures that foods are appetizingly prepared and served.
- Inspects and reviews the food preparation and serving areas to assure that appropriate health and safety standards are maintained; oversees cleaning of facilities.
- Trains and evaluates the performance of assigned staff; interviews and select employees and recommends transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions; reviews and monitors employee time cards.
- Assists in development of District menus and food preparation.
- Estimates and orders appropriate quantities of foods, supplies and materials; conducts periodic inventories; prepares daily sales report.
- May perform some cooking and/or baking duties.
- Recommends improved food service procedures.
- Promotes sales of food products; coordinates promotional events and meetings to ascertain customer preferences; develops and implements appropriate marketing strategies to meet student needs.
- Supervises and participates in the counting of daily cash receipts; prepares manual or automated reports on daily cash receipts, sales, orders and menu analysis.
- Communicates with administrators, personnel and outside organizations to coordinates activities, resolves issues and conflicts and exchanges information.
- Attends District conferences and workshops.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Job Responsibility: Knowledge of:
- Proper methods of cooking, baking, preparing and serving foods in quantity.
- Sanitation and safety practices related to handling, cooking, baking and serving food.
- Methods of adjusting and extending recipes and proper substitutions.
- Basic math and cashiering skills.
- Proper methods of storing food, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Methods of assigning duties efficiently and maintaining employees' work schedules.
- Operation and maintenance of standard kitchen equipment.
- Operation and maintenance of hand truck and other storage equipment.
- Record keeping, inventory and reporting procedures.
- Proper menu analysis and nutritional balance.
- Statistical record keeping.
- Health regulations and safe working methods and procedures.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- District policies, rules and regulations.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, supervise and participate in the nutrition service operations and activities.
- Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and sanitation regulations.
- Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Operate and maintain equipment.
- Prepare attractive, appetizing and nutritious meals for students and staff.
- Follow, adjust and extend recipes.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Performing cashiering duties and make change accurately.
- Estimate and requisition proper amounts of foods and cafeteria supplies.
- Keep accurate records.
- Make statistical and narrative reports.
- Maintain health, nutritional and safety standards.
- Follow standard menus in preparing and supervising the preparation of healthful and
- Maintain proper schedules.
- Devise efficient procedures for preparing and serving foods
Job Requirement: Education/Training/Certification:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three years experience in quantity food preparation, including one year in a cooking or baking role.
- One year supervisory experience.
- Food Handler's Certificate.
- Valid California driver's license.
- AA degree desirable.
- First Aide /CPR certification desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This type of work may involve carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling moderately heavy objects, ascending and descending step ladders, stairs and ramps, and will involve walking or standing for extended periods. Performing in this capacity may also require exposure to cold conditions due to the need to store, remove, and inventory food supplies in freezer storage. Working conditions may include regular exposure to fumes, dust, odors, cleaning agents and chemicals. Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather may also occasionally be experienced. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Contact: 183 days/full time
$3,295 - $4,205 per month (6 steps)
Benefit package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, sick leave, vacation pay, and retirement program.
contact Personnel for any questions
back to top ^