ManagersFood Service Manager - South Monterey County Joint Union High School District
Nutrition Services Business Manager - San Bernardino City USD/Nutrition Services
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
South Monterey County Joint Union High School DistrictFood Service Manager
Closing Date: December 30, 2016
Job Description: Under the direction of the Chief Business Official, plan, coordinate and direct the district's food and nutrition services program, assuring cost effectiveness and compliance with district, state, and federal requirements regarding nutrition, sanitation, safety and record keeping; assign, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel. Maintain equipment and inventory and assist in planning, equipping district food service facilities. Plan the district menus and nutrition education programs.
Job Responsibility: This list is intended to be illustrative and does not represent an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor and maintain the safe operation and condition of all food preparation and serving equipment and machines.
- Participate in the selection, assignment and evaluation of nutrition service personnel.
- Train assigned staff in appropriate health and safety regulations.
- Administer employee discipline in conjunction with established district policy and collective bargaining agreements.
- Plan and direct in-service workshops and training programs for nutrition service personnel.
- Conduct employee meetings to discuss and explain operating policies.
- Attend a variety of meetings to maintain current knowledge of nutritional requirements, legal codes and related requirements.
- Conduct and facilitate trainings in customer service.
- Review time sheets, financial statements, operating reports, inventory and cost control records.
- Prepare a variety of nutrition services record and reports.
- Develop application process and procedures under the free and reduced meal program.
- Train personnel to take and approve applications according to federal regulations.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Requirement: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Any combination equivalent to an A.A. Degree preferably in institutional food service management, nutrition or related field and/or five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in quantity food preparation and service operations, including at least two years in a supervisory capacity. Experience should include menu planning, food purchasing, and fiscal management. Preparation and serving in public institution or related field is highly desirable.
- Associate of Arts Degree in food service management, nutrition or related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES and CLEARANCES: Prospective and current employees are expected to posses and maintain the following:
- Valid California Driver's License with evidence of insurability
- ServSafe Certification is required (may be obtained within 30 days of start date).
Contact: To apply please click on the link: www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/862880
back to top ^
San Bernardino City USD/Nutrition ServicesNutrition Services Business Manager
Closing Date: December 13, 2016
Job Description: Manages the business support functions of the Nutrition Services Department in areas which include, but are not limited to financial planning, reporting and record keeping; budget development and administration; management information and computer services; procurement planning and control; personnel management; administrative research; grant writing; and contract administration.
Salary: $376.40 to $457.60 per diem (Management Salary Range 51) PERS Retirement; Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Vacation, Holidays and Sick Leave. Benefits based on a 40-hour workweek, 8 hours per day.
Job Responsibility: Ability to: Plan, organize and manage the diverse and complex operations of the business support division. Plan, assign, schedule, review, and evaluate the activities and work performed by assigned supervisory and staff personnel. Research, design, develop and present materials as applied to business support programs. Conduct thorough audits and investigations. Analyze, interpret and apply complex and technical operations and procedures, legal mandates, rules and regulations and data applicable to the assigned areas of responsibility. Analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Job Requirement: Three (3) years of supervisory experience in business support functions with emphasis in finance, accounting, purchasing, personnel and contract administration in an automated environment, preferably with some experience in a public agency or commercial/institutional food industry. Certificate in Public Accounting (CPA) desirable. -AND- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or a related field (Substitution: Possession of a Master's Degree in a closely related field may be substituted for one year of experience.)
Contact: Personnel Commission
777 North F Street, San Bernardino, CA 92410
back to top ^