ManagersCafeteria Supervisor - Tahoe Truckee Unified School District
Administrative Dietician - Long Beach Unified School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Tahoe Truckee Unified School DistrictCafeteria Supervisor
Closing Date: March 31, 2017
Job Description: Purpose Statement
The job of Cafeteria Supervisor II is done for the purpose/s of directing food service activities and
personnel at multiple sites to perform their functions in a safe and efficient manner; providing food
services at the assigned site that meets the mandated nutritional needs of students; ensuring availability of
quantities of items; providing written support to convey information; and complying with mandated
Job Responsibility: For detailed job information and to apply please visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/832645
back to top ^
Long Beach Unified School DistrictAdministrative Dietician
Closing Date: March 20, 2017
Job Description: Come join the top Urban School District in the Nation, Long Beach Unified School District. We are seeking a knowledgeable, collaborative, and visionary leader to fill the position of Administrative Dietician. Under general direction, plan, coordinate and participate in District menu planning and development of recipes; assure compliance with applicable State and federal laws and regulations; plan, oversee and manage the procurement of Nutrition Services supplies, food items, equipment, services and related agreements; train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; perform related duties as assigned.
For full details regarding the position, go to our website, select Class Specifications; choose Nutrition Services, then Administrative Dietician.
The current vacancy is a 12 month 100% FTE (8 hours per day). Current vacancy is located at the Nutrition Services Branch.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in District menu planning and development of recipes.
- Train, supervise and evaluate assigned staff.
- Plan, oversee and manage the procurement of Nutrition Services supplies, food items, equipment, services and related agreements.
- Analyze food products and menu patterns using specialized software.
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate reports.
- Maintain effective cost control records and stock usage reports.
- Plan and conduct educational or training programs related to nutrition.
- Assist in developing and preparing budgets.
- Monitor and control expenditures.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of records and files.
- Drive a District or personal vehicle to conduct work.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Operate modern commercial kitchen equipment and utensils.
Job Requirement: Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in institutional food management, nutrition, dietetics or a related field.
Additionally candidates will have two years of experience at a supervisory or management level in an institutional food service organization involving menu planning, nutritional analysis and procurement of food items, supplies and equipment.
Any other combination of training and/or experience which demonstrates the applicant is likely to possess the required skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
Incumbents must possess and maintain status as a registered Dietitian in accordance with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly American Dietetic Association) standards.
Valid California Class C driver's license and use of a personal automobile.
An applicant for this class will be required to obtain, at his/her own expense, and submit his/her motor vehicle driving record at the time of appointment. The record must meet and be maintained at the district's safe driving record standard. Failure to meet this requirement will result in the disqualification of the applicant regardless of any other standing.
Incumbents must obtain a valid Food Safety Manager certificate issued by an authorized agency within completion of probationary period and maintain certification throughout employment in this classification.
Contact: Ariel Matthews
back to top ^