ManagersCook I - Walnut Creek School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Walnut Creek School DistrictCook I
Closing Date: December 01, 2019
Job Description: Under general supervision, guides assigned personnel in food service operations; prepare and distribute food service items for consumption by students and school personnel; maintain records, project inventories of food service items; secure funds for daily meal transactions; adhere to accounting practices for monies handled, and maintain facilities in a safe and sanitary condition. Assists other Food Service personnel as needed.
Job Responsibility: MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains sanitary conditions.
- Directs Food Service workers.
- Maintains student records using specialized software and computer for meals and money.
- Prepares and cooks food.
- Estimates food preparation amounts for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste.
- Reconciles transactions for the purpose of balancing accounts and adhering to basic accounting practices.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff, and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the lunch program.
- Load/unload, inspect and inventory food, supplies, and cooking utensils.
- Notify students/parents of low or negative balance reports.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- May be asked to transport food with district vehicle.
Job Requirement: DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Basic computer literacy.
- Safety and sanitation principles, and basic cash handling procedures.
- Provide direction to others and make independent judgments, keep and maintain accurate
records, understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Operate and care for institutional kitchen equipment.
- Work closely with adults and children.
- Lift moderately heavy containers and stand for long periods.
- Pass the physical fitness test including strength assessment.
- Prior job related experience in food preparation, serving and basic kitchen activities, with
increasing levels of responsibilities, preferably in school and/or institutional setting.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid CA Driver's License required.
- Must be certified by Health Department.
back to top ^