ManagersRegional Sales Manager K-12 West Coast - Red Gold, Inc.
Regional Operations Manager - Preferred Meals
Manager, Child Nutrition Services - San Marcos Unified School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Red Gold, Inc.Regional Sales Manager K-12 West Coast
Closing Date: June 30, 2015
Job Description: This position requires skills in all aspects of Sales Management for specific accounts, regions, or industries to include: key account management, broker management, qualifying new accounts, creating and executing market business plans, meeting sales objectives, managing price guidelines, managing program spending, and managing inventory and availability. In addition, this position requires knowledge of the Education segment, specifically K12 federal program guidelines related to Meal Pattern Requirements, as well as procurement regulations for doing business with government entities. Due to the dynamic nature of our company, duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Job Responsibility: Broker Management
- Management of the K12 food service broker personnel within the assigned region of responsibility
- Timely response and follow-up required (within 24 -48 hrs.)
- Works very closely with FS Region Manager (FSRM) to develop, execute, and measure K12 market plans & objectives and provides ongoing communication with FSRM
- K12 Annual Market Plans /Reviews (setting K12 objectives for Distributors and Operators, creating and executing the plan, ongoing analysis & reporting)
- Primary Contact for K12 broker specialists for assigned states (and "backup" contact for other states)
- Utilizing and sharing market research and industry data and reporting tools to set & achieve objectives
- Maintaining industry contacts and relationships / networking / partnerships
- Sets K12 Distributor Target Objectives and provides analysis and reporting
Cultivating Existing Customers / New Customers / Relationship Building
- Cultivate relationships with Top 100 Districts in Region: Top 10 - 20 School Districts in each Market, both current & new; Top 20 K12 Distributors in Region
- Builds compelling presentations to increase sales by menu additions / changes utilizing all available K12 Strategic Resources for Target Calls and works with brokers to deliver on non-focus calls.
- Building rapport with key customer personnel and doing the necessary homework to create and deliver a customized and targeted presentation.
- Add new stock keeping units (SKUs) to Menu / Ingredient Lists / Bids (Commodity & Commercial) / Distribution
- Seizes Key Networking Opportunities
Achievement of Commodity and Commercial Sales Objectives for Assigned Customers /Region / States
- Regional Performance by State
- Overall Performance of K12 Team
Education/ K12 Segment Specific Knowledge / Menu Solution Selling to Key Programs
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the USDA Child Nutrition Programs (NSLP, SBP, SFSP, CACFP, FFVP, etc.) and how our products fit the programs.
- Understands how products meet program needs and sells solutions
- Ongoing training and development to stay on top of regulations / implementations / changes
Business Building - Participated & Initiates / Managing Spending and Account Participation
- K12 Broker & Customer Training / Workshops
- Food Show Participation - National / State / Local - some weekends mandatory
- Local / Regional / State SNA & K12 Organizations - leadership roles / workshops / participation
Commodity & Commercial K12 Accounts - Orders: Existing & New Customers /Contract Negotiations:
- Managing Process & Response: Bids / RFP's / Pricing / Costs /
- Pricing - manages complete process
- Increasing Quantities
- Ensuring Order Accuracy
- Deduction Management - AFS/ Tradepro
- Timely completion of bids, pricing, contract negotiations, deduction clearing, setting up new
Internal Account & Market Management / Spending - Account Participation: Shows / Other
- Trade Marketing Programs - Cool School /Local
- Time Management - excellent skill set required in this area to manage multiple priorities
- Travel / Expenses - Judicial and conscientious with travel decisions / spends money like own / meets travel planning timeline requirements
OTHER: Leadership Embodiment, Professionalism, Reliability, Commitment and Attitude
ADDITIONAL DETAIL: Business Analysis & Special Projects:
- Act as Primary Contact for K12 broker specialists for assigned states within designated Region and as a "backup" contact for other states.
This is accomplished by collaborating with brokers and distributors to identify key school districts for program expansion and providing specific sales support including but not limited to: K12 Market Plans /Reviews (setting annual K12 objectives by market, creating and executing the plan), broker training, inside and outside sales training, customer presentations- including taste tests and competitive cuttings, coordinating and participating in food shows (including show recaps and follow up within 1 week of completion), completing bids, pricing negotiations, update POS, setting up new customers in the various systems, AFS/Tradepro Management, k12foodservice.com, prospect database management, development and management of existing database, and developing sales strategies that will drive new opportunities.
- Provide daily /weekly /monthly sales support for the segment, both internally and externally, including but not limited to both "assigned states/ markets," and other markets, when asked and as needed.
- Work closely with all special issues related to the Commodity Processing (C/P) program in accordance with the needs of Rebate Program /Processing, Direct Warehouses, Direct Ship Districts. Work closely with Bid Administrator to insure all C/P states and programs are being managed on a timely basis. Insure that all Rebate States are up to date and closed out by June 30 of current school year.
- Provide ongoing/ timely sales support to the National Sales & Marketing Manager - Education, in order to support the sales activity required to build current customer base and initiate new sales in approved states. Complete all assigned activities on a timely basis and within deadlines or as requested by the NSME. Manage a shared Outlook Calendar with prioritized Work In Process and Work Completed tasks. Work with NSME to approve work plan and travel schedule at least 4 - 6 weeks in advance.
- Work closely with Bid Administrator to insure the timely maintenance of State approvals for the Commodity Program (C/P) and timely response of all other K12 Bids and RFPs, both commodity and commercial on a region basis, according to the individual requirements of each contract, including but not limited to submitting accurate pricing, new products, renewing contracts.
- Keep abreast of new or revised national, state, and local policy affecting the Food Distribution Program(s) and bids/rfps in the Region; should be reported on as well. In addition, maintain and update a Regional C/P Master List, this includes all relevant information about all C/P States (i.e. State DA Contact Info, a profile of how the program is administered in each state, including detailed and specific information on all purchasing cooperatives in the state). Evaluate and submit "new" profiles to determine Red Gold, LLC's eligibility to participate in new states in Region.
- Continually manage and improve the C/P program through the ongoing (weekly and monthly) monitoring of the k12foodservice.com website, by providing clear and concise reports with specific direction to brokers and program operators in order to achieve C/P objectives. Review K12 reports to monitor usage and track down usage issues and take appropriate action on a timely basis. Monitor inventory draw downs and provide clear direction to brokers on any issues with deadlines for action. K12 - foodservice reporting should be provided to all brokers nationally; minimally, this is to be done on a bi -monthly basis (August, October, November, February, April, June) and more often as needed based on issues.
- In addition, be prepared to advance your knowledge and experience through education, research, and innovative concepts:
- Champion new products and line extensions resulting from customer input and analysis
- Conduct industry research by obtaining pertinent business data and current trends research
- Establish/ maintain / share a trade/news/policy library for the K-12 segment and Commodity program
- Research recent nutritional studies and guidelines for relevant information and share
- Utilize industry support associations such as ACDA, SNA, State Associations for educational opportunities and networking at the same time.
- Pursue SNS certification if not already achieved within 12 months of employment.
- In addition, always be a resource for competitive intelligence. Selling season is generally July through June and one year ahead of shipping year; states decisions are made by April/May for the following school year. Success will be evaluated annually based on the achievement of commodity and commercial sales objectives for that School Year.
- 4 year college degree (Bachelor's) - Marketing / Management / Nutrition / Liberal Arts
- 3 -5 years in food service sales or a food service related position
- 2- 4 years of K12 /Education sales or operations experience preferred
- SNS Credentials preferred; however, exam can be taken within 12 months of employment
- MBA or Master's Degree optional
- Broker management experience beneficial & preferred
- Interpersonal Skills related to effective relationship building ( customer references )
Contact: Sarah Fout
(765) 557-5500 ext. 1949
back to top ^
Preferred MealsRegional Operations Manager
Closing Date: April 24, 2015
Job Description: Summary: The Regional Operations Manager represents Preferred Maramont Corporation in a positive and professional manner and performs the following duties as well as other responsibilities as requested by senior management.
Job Responsibility: Summary of Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for client/account retention and expansion of current business in assigned region.
- Directly oversees and supports daily activities of District Managers in the region.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly P&L reports and region expenses.
- Responsible for bid proposals for re-bidding accounts.
- Involved in determining pricing and the process of sending contract renewals to existing clients in the region.
- Works with plants, Distribution, and Customer Service, to ensure customer satisfaction with products and deliveries.
- Works with Menu team to maximize menu acceptability with clients.
- Works with Marketing team to research, discover and develop new products, to field test new products and also assists in implementation of promotions designed to increase participation.
- Works with Sales team to reach potential new business and supports them with assistance in presentations to potential customers and transitioning new business.
- Coordinates Trainings and New Account Openings.
- Investigates ways to increase sales in existing business through promotion, participation, service, presentation and additional programs.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of Customer Profiles and Equipment Riders in the region.
- Works with clients to achieve maximum participation and profitability.
- Provides assistance to clients with the National School breakfast, lunch, after school snack, and other federally funded food programs, including donated commodities.
- Implements processes and procedures in the region, such as but not limited to:
- Training procedures
- Visitation reporting
- Updated field handbooks and materials
- Board meeting presentations
- Plans and implements periodic staff meetings for District Managers, Account Managers and Food Service Directors (if applicable).
- Oversees supervision of Account Managers including hiring (with HR assistance) disciplinary actions, time and attendance, training and orientation, accident and incident investigation.
- Attends National conferences and major state conferences.
- In Managed Accounts works with the DM to control costs and labor and with HR for staffing issues.
- Participates in school trade organization for the National School Lunch Program and School Administration organizations.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully the Regional Operations Manager must demonstrate the following competencies.
- Communication and Influence: Requires both verbal and written communication skills to convey information timely and to all levels of employees, customers, clients and internal associates.
- Analytical: The ability to systematically gather information form a variety of sources, analyze the data, draw appropriate conclusions and generate solutions to the question or problem and evaluate the consequences of each solution.
- Action: Must demonstrate the ability to take action quickly and accurately to avoid problems, solve problems and resolve issues with clients or internal company situations to benefit of the client and company.
- Customer Focus: The ability to provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers. One must seek to meet customer needs and demands quickly and effectively while protecting the interests of the company. The ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with internal or external customers, and remedy complaints.
- Dependability: The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, and passion. This includes the ability for self-motivation, demonstrating persistence, heightening personal effort in the face of obstacles and adversity. The pursuit of excellence for self and organization and demonstrating a sense of urgency and ambition.
- Professionalism: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with supervisors, staff, managers, customers, and vendors. This includes being approachable and taking the time to address the needs of clients, customers, and associates with respect and dignity.
- Integrity: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all state and federal laws, regulations and company policies and procedures. This includes fulfilling commitments, accepting constructive criticism, accepting responsibility for own performance, as well as that of the team, and not accepting credit for work of others, and avoiding conflicts of interest.
Job Requirement: Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Ability to travel, personal vehicle may be necessary. Out of state travel is required.
- Must have high computer competency, including email, word, excel, power point and office.
- Must be organized and self motivated.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to tackle any situation.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work with many different persons who have vastly different education and skills.
- Must have the ability to identify problems and issues and to work toward solutions.
- Preferred candidates should have Bachelors Degree or greater.
- Prior food service experience, knowledge of school food service, and federal regulations is required.
- Should have education in Business and/or Food Service/Hospitality.
- Must have extensive knowledge of rules and regulations of the National School Meal Programs.
Contact: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
back to top ^
San Marcos Unified School DistrictManager, Child Nutrition Services
Closing Date: April 20, 2015
Job Description: POSITION TITLE: Child Nutrition Services Manager
Position Purpose Statement/s: The job of "Child Nutrition Service Manager" is done for the purpose/s of directing, assisting, and evaluating personnel in the maintenance of Child Nutrition Service operations in a safe, sanitary and efficient manner at multiple sites; providing food service that meets mandated government requirements and district policies and procedures.
Job Responsibility: Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises, schedules, selects, trains, evaluates and instructs employees for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the workforce and meeting shift requirements.
- Stocks food and supplies for the purpose of maintaining availability and security of food service items.
- Supervises the preparation, cooking, baking, transporting and serving food at multiple sites for the purpose of providing safe and efficient food services at the assigned sites in compliance with mandated nutritional and health requirements.
- Plans menus for the purpose of review and approval by the Director of Child Nutrition Services.
- Supervises and assists in maintenance of safe and sanitary facilities and equipment for the purpose of ensuring compliance with mandated nutritional and health requirements.
- Monitors sites for the purpose of compliance with district policies and procedures and government requirements.
- Prepares records and reports for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Provides professional communication for the purpose of maintaining communication with vendors.
- Interacts with large numbers of students and other customers in a professional and courteous manner for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the type and/or cost of meals.
- Inspects food and supplies for the purpose of maintaining the correct quality and quantity.
- Seeks improvements for the purpose of implementing changes in CNS operations.
Other Job Functions:
- Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
Job Requirement: Job Requirements - Qualifications:
- Experience Required: Four years of experience in quantity food preparation and serving, and at least two years experience in a supervisory position. An A.A. Degree or above in institutional food service, culinary arts, or restaurant management will be considered equivalent to two years of experience in quantity food preparation.
* Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills to prepare, cook, bake, transport and serve in large quantities; communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, parents and school administrators.
- Knowledge of the operation of food service equipment.
- Ability to supervise, train, and motivate staff and students; understand and explain complex rules and procedures; analyze food service operations and make recommendations; work independently and exercise good judgment; delegate assignments as appropriate; practice effective time management; prepare reports and maintain record; requisition and order appropriate amounts of food and supplies; provide clear oral and written instructions to subordinates. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling, lifting/pulling/pushing, talking/hearing conversations, and other sounds, near/far acuity/depth perception/visual accommodation/field of vision.
* Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Class C California Driver's License, Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance, Health Physical Examination/Clearance, Tuberculosis Testing/Clearance, ServSafe Certificate or the equivalent., DMV Printout (H-6) indicating good driving record.
Contact: Applications are being accepted on-line through www.edjoin.org only. A Letter of Introduction, Resume, and a minimum of 3 Letters of Recommendation must be submitted at www.edjoin.org along with your application. Attachments must be scanned and forwarded with your on-line application. The District does not accept e-mailed, faxed, or postal mailed documents.
back to top ^