ManagersRegional Operations Manager - Preferred Meals
Operations Manager - Food and Nutrition Services - Elk Grove Unified School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Preferred MealsRegional Operations Manager
Closing Date: April 24, 2015
Job Description: Summary: The Regional Operations Manager represents Preferred Maramont Corporation in a positive and professional manner and performs the following duties as well as other responsibilities as requested by senior management.
Job Responsibility: Summary of Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for client/account retention and expansion of current business in assigned region.
- Directly oversees and supports daily activities of District Managers in the region.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly P&L reports and region expenses.
- Responsible for bid proposals for re-bidding accounts.
- Involved in determining pricing and the process of sending contract renewals to existing clients in the region.
- Works with plants, Distribution, and Customer Service, to ensure customer satisfaction with products and deliveries.
- Works with Menu team to maximize menu acceptability with clients.
- Works with Marketing team to research, discover and develop new products, to field test new products and also assists in implementation of promotions designed to increase participation.
- Works with Sales team to reach potential new business and supports them with assistance in presentations to potential customers and transitioning new business.
- Coordinates Trainings and New Account Openings.
- Investigates ways to increase sales in existing business through promotion, participation, service, presentation and additional programs.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of Customer Profiles and Equipment Riders in the region.
- Works with clients to achieve maximum participation and profitability.
- Provides assistance to clients with the National School breakfast, lunch, after school snack, and other federally funded food programs, including donated commodities.
- Implements processes and procedures in the region, such as but not limited to:
- Training procedures
- Visitation reporting
- Updated field handbooks and materials
- Board meeting presentations
- Plans and implements periodic staff meetings for District Managers, Account Managers and Food Service Directors (if applicable).
- Oversees supervision of Account Managers including hiring (with HR assistance) disciplinary actions, time and attendance, training and orientation, accident and incident investigation.
- Attends National conferences and major state conferences.
- In Managed Accounts works with the DM to control costs and labor and with HR for staffing issues.
- Participates in school trade organization for the National School Lunch Program and School Administration organizations.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully the Regional Operations Manager must demonstrate the following competencies.
- Communication and Influence: Requires both verbal and written communication skills to convey information timely and to all levels of employees, customers, clients and internal associates.
- Analytical: The ability to systematically gather information form a variety of sources, analyze the data, draw appropriate conclusions and generate solutions to the question or problem and evaluate the consequences of each solution.
- Action: Must demonstrate the ability to take action quickly and accurately to avoid problems, solve problems and resolve issues with clients or internal company situations to benefit of the client and company.
- Customer Focus: The ability to provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers. One must seek to meet customer needs and demands quickly and effectively while protecting the interests of the company. The ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with internal or external customers, and remedy complaints.
- Dependability: The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, optimism, and passion. This includes the ability for self-motivation, demonstrating persistence, heightening personal effort in the face of obstacles and adversity. The pursuit of excellence for self and organization and demonstrating a sense of urgency and ambition.
- Professionalism: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with supervisors, staff, managers, customers, and vendors. This includes being approachable and taking the time to address the needs of clients, customers, and associates with respect and dignity.
- Integrity: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all state and federal laws, regulations and company policies and procedures. This includes fulfilling commitments, accepting constructive criticism, accepting responsibility for own performance, as well as that of the team, and not accepting credit for work of others, and avoiding conflicts of interest.
Job Requirement: Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Ability to travel, personal vehicle may be necessary. Out of state travel is required.
- Must have high computer competency, including email, word, excel, power point and office.
- Must be organized and self motivated.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to tackle any situation.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work with many different persons who have vastly different education and skills.
- Must have the ability to identify problems and issues and to work toward solutions.
- Preferred candidates should have Bachelors Degree or greater.
- Prior food service experience, knowledge of school food service, and federal regulations is required.
- Should have education in Business and/or Food Service/Hospitality.
- Must have extensive knowledge of rules and regulations of the National School Meal Programs.
Contact: Please send resumes to email@example.com
back to top ^
Elk Grove Unified School DistrictOperations Manager - Food and Nutrition Services
Closing Date: March 20, 2015
Job Description: CLASS TITLE: MANAGER-FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES PRODUCTION
Under the direction of the Director-Food and Nutrition Services, manage the operations of a large food processing center; coordinate and oversee the production, distribution and delivery of food and supplies; coordinate and implement menu and recipe preparation functions; assure compliance with nutritional content and applicable federal regulations and nutrition standards; prepare and maintain department budgets and accounts; train, supervise and evaluate assigned food service personnel.
Office and warehouse environment.
Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
See detailed Job Description above or visit our website at www.egud.net
Job Responsibility: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop new methods of improving the district's Food and Nutritional Services Program; implement and monitor various State and Federal food programs; develop, review, and maintain departmental procedures to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and County regulatory agencies.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee the activities of a large food processing center.
- Develop and maintain a production records system verifying compliance with United State Department of Agriculture Guidelines and Regulations.
- Coordinate and oversee the production, distribution and delivery of food and supplies; coordinate supplies for special catering requests; prepare product recommendations; write specifications for the purchase of items such as food, supplies and equipment; monitor inventory levels and input related information into assigned software system; evaluate and review products for quality and cost efficiency.
- Coordinate and implement menu and recipe preparation functions; assure compliance with nutritional content and applicable federal regulations and nutrition standards; coordinate and develop menu cycles for school meals.
- Establish Department objectives and adjusting budgets as appropriate; analyze financial information to determine and resolve cost efficiency issues; perform labor analysis and cost control studies.
- Supervise, review and evaluate the performance of assigned food service staff; coordinate and oversee the recruitment, selection, scheduling, assignment and training of personnel; assist with employee discipline and promotion.
- Maintain and monitor department budgets and accounts.
- Coordinate and implement production schedules to assure cost efficiency of personnel and equipment use; assure operations meet State and federal requirements for proper sanitation and safety.
- Contact other food service administrators regarding recipe development, menu planning and quality control issues; communicate with vendors, administrators, food service personnel, other departments and various outside agencies to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns.
- Develop, review, and maintain a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities; establish and maintain filing systems.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a telephone, copier, fax machine, computer and assigned software; operate a vehicle to conduct work.
- Coordinate, arrange and conduct production schedule and safety meetings, in-services and workshops; attend and participate in assigned conferences and committees.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Job Requirement: DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Planning, organization and operation of a large food processing center.
- Procedures and equipment used in the production and processing of food.
- Food service and commodity purchasing and procurement principles, practices and procedures.
- Principles of safety and sanitation in a food processing environment.
- Menu analysis and development techniques.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Nutritional requirements of school-aged children.
- Applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards related to assigned activities.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Sanitation and safety practices related to producing and processing food.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Supervise the operation, manufacturing and warehousing of a large food processing center.
- Coordinate and supervise the production, distribution and delivery of food and supplies.
- Coordinate and implement menu and recipe preparation functions.
- Assure compliance with nutritional content and applicable federal regulations and nutrition standards.
- Train, supervise and evaluate assigned food service personnel.
- Purchase quantity items and services economically, efficiently and in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Operate a computer and assigned software.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Maintain current knowledge of laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Use proper lifting methods.
- Use proper techniques to push or pull items on rolling rack or cart.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Reach overhead and above shoulders to retrieve various items.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to retrieve files.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Any combination equivalent to: Bachelor's degree with emphasis in nutrition, dietetics, business administration or a related field and four years progressively responsible supervisory experience in a food service operation.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Food Safety and Sanitation Certificate.
- Valid ServSafe Certification.
- Valid California driver's license.
- Floor-lift 40 pounds, arm-lift 40 pounds.
Contact: Valerie English
Personnel Techician III
Elk Grove Unified School District
9510 Elk Grove - Florin Road
Elk Grove, CA 95624
916-686-7797 ext. 7467
back to top ^