ManagersManager of Food Services - Cutler-Orosi Joint Unified School District
Satellite Food Services Manager - Los Angeles Unified School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Cutler-Orosi Joint Unified School DistrictManager of Food Services
Closing Date: May 15, 2014
Job Description: Under administrative direction; plan, organize, manage and provide administrative direction and oversight for all functions and activities of the Food Services Department. Oversee multiple-site program according to District policies and procedures, and federal and state requirements; foster cooperative working relationships among District departments, intergovernmental and regulatory agencies, and various public and private groups; provide highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the Assistant Superintendent in areas of expertise; and perform related work as required.
Job Responsibility: Plan, organize, control and direct the self-supporting Food & Nutrition Department of the District; assume management responsibility for all food service functions, programs & activities; manage the development & administration of the annual budget for assigned department; direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, materials & supplies; select, train, motivate & evaluate assigned personnel, provide or coordinate staff training & work with employees on performance issues; perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- AA degree or higher preferred in nutrition, institutional food service management or a closely related field.
- 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in large-scale food service production, including two years of management and/or supervisory experience.
- ServSafe Certification or National Registry Certification.
- First Aid & CPR Certification.
- Possession of & ability to maintain a valid California Driver's License.
- Proof of appropriate valid auto insurance coverage required at the time of appointment.
- Submit, at applicants own expense, his/her DMV motor vehicle driving record at the time of appointment. Failure to meet this requirement may result in disqualification.
- Mileage reimbursements are available for employees required to drive a personal vehicle.
Contact: 12623 Avenue 416, Orosi, CA 93647
All applicants are asked to apply on Edjoin (www.edjoin.org)
back to top ^
Los Angeles Unified School DistrictSatellite Food Services Manager
Closing Date: April 18, 2014
Job Description: There are numerous positions available for this positions. It is highly encouraged to apply if you are interested. Please apply on our website, LAUSDjobs.org. We are only accepting online applications at this time.
Satellite Food Services Managers are responsible for the supervision of an elementary school meal distribution kitchen and for the proper ordering, receiving, storing, heating, and distribution of meals prepared at a District food processing plant. Some positions will have primary responsibility for delivering and serving meals at various school sites, and will require the use of an automobile (mileage reimbursement will be provided by the District). Other typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining prescribed food quality, sanitation, and safety standards
- Requesting services for pest control, equipment repairs and replacement, and maintaining service records
- Supervising and participating in heating and maintaining meals to the proper serving temperature.
- Supervising and participating in the processing of applications for free and reduced-price meals
- Maintaining rosters and records related to reimbursed meals.
The Food Services Branch consists of over 5000 employees dedicated to providing over 650,000 healthy and nutritious meals daily. The Branch operates over 800 cafeterias and 1000 programs spread throughout a 711 square mile area, with the largest School Breakfast Program and the second largest National School Lunch Program in the United States. To learn more about the Los Angeles Unified School District's Food Service Branch visit their website at: http://cafe-la.lausd.net
Compensation: $13.76 - $17.16 per hour
- Insurance: Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision for regular employees and their eligible family members, and life insurance plans.
- Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
- Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service.
- Paid Holidays: 12 days
NOTE: Positions in this job classification may be offered on a 10 or 11 month basis - salary and paid time off for 10 or 11 month positions will be adjusted accordingly. Positions in this job classification may be subject to additional furlough days.
Job Responsibility: The IDEAL candidate would possess an extensive knowledge of, and skill in, food preparation, food ordering, record keeping, hygiene, sanitation, and safety; strong supervisory skills in evaluating cafeteria employees; outstanding organizational skills and resourcefulness necessary for managing a busy school cafeteria; strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation; an excellent attendance and dependability record; strong initiative in implementing new procedures; and the ability to operate a computer and point of sale system, or the willingness to learn to operate such systems.
Job Requirement: Minimum Requirements:
- EDUCATION: Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency, and successful completion of an adult school, college-level, or equivalent courses in supervision.
- EXPERIENCE: One year of commercial or institutional experience in heating and serving meals, or one year of general clerical experience, preferably in the area of Food Service. One year experience in the supervision of food service employees, in food service ordering, and food service record keeping may be substituted for the required courses in supervision, and is desirable.
- A valid ServSafe Certificate, National Registry certificate, or equivalent certificate.
- A valid Los Angeles Unified School District Food Handler's Health Certificate.
- A valid California Driver License may be required for some positions.
- Attendance in and successful completion of a two week Food Services Manager Certification Training Program is required prior to regular assignment.
Contact: The selection process tentatively consists of a qualifying computerized written test and a technical interview. Candidates who are successful on the computerized written test, and meet the minimum requirements for this position, will be invited to participate in the technical interview, which is worth 100% of the overall assessment score. Testing dates have not yet been established; candidates will be emailed a written test appointment as soon as dates have been scheduled.
DO YOU NEED TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE WITH THE ON-LINE APPLICATION?
Call 213-241-3455 Weekdays 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, or email us at email@example.com.
Please apply at our website, LAUSDjobs.org
back to top ^