OtherLead Cook Central Kitchen - Tustin Unified School District - Pioneer
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Tustin Unified School District - PioneerLead Cook Central Kitchen
Closing Date: March 30, 2018
Job Description: Under the direction of the Cafeteria Supervisor I, plans, organizes, leads and participates in skilled food preparation and production work; trains and provides work direction to other nutrition service staff; assures facilities and equipment are in a clean and sanitary condition; prepares records and reports related to assigned activities.
Job Responsibility: ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Plans, organizes, leads and participates in skilled food preparation and production work; inspects and oversees the food preparation and serving areas to assure that appropriate health and sanitation standards are being met.
- Oversees and participates in the cooking and baking of a variety of meals, meats, side dishes, desserts and other items in large quantities; coordinates the preparation of breakfasts and lunches; participates in portion control and the wrapping, arranging and storage of foods.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation of salads, sandwiches and packaged foods for distribution; mixes, slices, grates and chops food items; prepares beverages.
- May perform cashiering duties; collect, sort, count and mark lunch tickets; count and record daily cash receipts; total daily sales; prepare manual or automated daily cash, sales and ordering reports.
- Estimates appropriate quantity of food items for cooking and baking; calculates, adjusts and extends recipes as needed; monitors temperatures of food to assure safety and quality standards are met.
- Trains and provides work direction to other nutrition service staff; plans and assigns work; assigns, oversees, and monitors the performance of staff in production, preparation and serving activities; may review and monitor time cards.
- Assures compliance with kitchen sanitation and safety procedures and regulations; maintains food quality standards including appearance and nutritional requirements; analyzes operations and recommends improvements.
- Conducts periodic inventories; orders, receives, and stores food products, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Operates and maintains a variety of standard and production kitchen equipment and arranges for repairs as needed.
- Operates and maintains hand truck and other storage equipment.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports related to assigned activities;
- plans and oversees menus and supplies.
Job Requirement: Knowledge of:
- Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation, serving and storage.
- Sanitation and safety practices related to handling, cooking, baking and serving food.
- Methods of preparing and serving food in large quantities.
- Menu planning techniques including food values, combinations and substitutions.
- Methods of adjusting and extending recipes and proper substitutions.
- Proper methods of storing food, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Standard kitchen equipment utensils and measurements.
- Operation and maintenance of nutrition service machines and production equipment
- Storage and rotation of perishable food.
- Basic math and cashiering skills.
- Basic record keeping techniques.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to health and safety in the cafeteria.
- Principles and practices of training and providing work direction and guidance to others
- Health regulations and safe working methods and procedures.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- District policies, rules and regulations.
- Plan, organize, lead and participate in skilled food preparations and production work.
- Prepare, cook, bake and serve a variety of foods in quantity at an assigned nutrition service facility.
- Prepare and serve food in accordance with health and sanitation regulations.
- Operate and maintain nutrition service machines and production equipment.
- Prepare attractive, appetizing and nutritious meals for students and staff.
- Interpret, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Follow, adjust, and extend recipes.
- Train and provide work direction to assigned staff.
Contact - Elizabeth Patino,
back to top ^