StaffNutrition Services Assistant II - Varies school sites
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Varies school sitesNutrition Services Assistant II
Closing Date: August 30, 2015
Job Description: DEFINITION: Under immediate supervision of the Operations Manager and/or Cafeteria Supervisor II, performs general duties involving serving students meals, cashier duties, the cleaning of equipment, dish room duties, and assisting in preparation of foods.
Job Responsibility: ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assists in preparation of a variety of food products.
- Assists in portioning and dispensing hot and cold foods.
- Prepares salads and sandwiches.
- Sets up counter.
- Serves on serving line; assists in equipment and kitchen clean-up.
- Performs cashiering duties; collects, sorts, counts and marks lunch tickets manually or by using Point of Sale (POS) computer system; counts and records daily cash receipts; totals daily sales; prepares manual or automated daily cash, sales and ordering reports.
- Assures compliance with kitchen sanitation and safety procedures and regulations; maintains food quality standards including appearance and nutritional requirements; analyzes operations and recommends improvements.
- Maintains cooperative relations with others.
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Job Requirement: QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of:
- The safe use and care of modern kitchen and cafeteria service equipment.
- Safe and sanitary food handling procedures.
- Modern cleaning methods as applied to a school cafeteria.
- Health regulations and safe working methods and procedures.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- District policies, rules and regulations. Ability to:
- Understand, follow and implement written and oral instructions.
- Learn specific policies, rules and regulations of the school district.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Observe health and safety regulations. Education/Training/Certification:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Courses or training in home economics, nutrition, cafeteria management, or related fields also desirable.
Contact: Ivonne Velasquez at
back to top ^