StaffEducation Specialist - Key Impact Sales & Systems
(2) Child Nutrition Consultant Positions. Offices located in Chico and Redding, CA - California Department of Education/Nutrition Services Division
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Key Impact Sales & SystemsEducation Specialist
Closing Date: September 30, 2017
Job Description: Manage and grow territory by maximizing Principals sales goals, maintaining a positive business relationship with distributors, principals, and operators. Strives for additional product introductions. Act as a liaison between principal's strategic goals and the operators' needs.
Responsibilities: (This list may not include all the duties assigned.)
- Call on and present focus lines to the Top 30 School Districts in your market.
- Drive company sales by aggressively marketing and presenting manufacturers' product to maximize commissions.
- Enter all activity and sales into CRM. Be up to date on your objectives.
- Have on file a completed School Account Form and copy of current bid for your Top 30.
- Meet the criteria for the Manufactures sales campaigns, scheduled appointments, presentations, and signups for Top 30.
- Manage daily customer's functions such as answering customer phone calls, reviewing respective buyers, and schedule and prepare for meetings to help meeting company objectives.
- Follow the direction of your objectives focused on new product introduction with live samples and creating demands with sales.
- Perform sales calls to set-up appointments with principal sales reps and/or customers and visit them to show products.
- Prepare and present at customer's meetings and trainings to introduce products, allow distributor sales representative to taste and see product, and educate sales people on product.
- Maintain accurate/proper customer records to bid-coordinator.
- Assist the bid coordinator in gathering bid results/awards.
- Conduct marketing reviews with customers to discuss business activity, new opportunities and address any competition issues to gain an understanding of our business by vender and be able to react to business needs and grow business.
- Prepare reports to senior management and Principal's to provide principals and management with information regarding sales, business activity and market trends.
- Develop budget and sales plans with directors.
- Coordinating and preparing for food shows to ensure product and staff will be at event.
- Focus on competition by understanding the entire competitive landscape and communicate information to our Principals and continued awareness of competitive manufacturers such as their weekly usage, and what Operators and competitors are selling.
- Must maintain a current and valid driver's license.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Basic Position Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, to prioritize/plan your schedule.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to get along with others and provide superior customer service.
- Good decision and negotiating skills.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Maintain high level of professionalism.
Job Responsibility: Knowledge:
- Prefer college degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Must have 5 years of previous sales experience. Over 5 years of experience working in education.
- Knowledge of brokerage business and relationship to Principals and overall business Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
•Product and sales training
- Frequent on the road driving; highly concentrated mental and visual alertness.
- Major portion of the day is spent talking either in-person or by telephone dealing with customer service issues.
- Frequent up/down motion to perform duties.
- Moderate typing, calculating or otherwise working with fingers.
- Visual acuity.
- Ability to hear and received detailed information.
Job Requirement: Equipment / Tools:
•Calculator, personal computer, telephone, fax, and copier. Must have some form of reliable transportation to get to and from accounts.
PLEASE NOTE: KeyImpact Sales & Systems Inc, reserves the right to change, modify or add to the duties and essential functions at any time.
back to top ^
California Department of Education/Nutrition Services Division(2) Child Nutrition Consultant Positions. Offices located in Chico and Redding, CA
Closing Date: August 17, 2017
Job Description: PC 3897-Redding, PC 5247-Chico
Join us! We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, and committed nutrition professional to join the Northern Field Services Unit (NFSU) team and work in Region 4-Northern. The region includes the following counties: Yuba, Sutter, Butte, Glenn, Colusa, Lake, Mendocino, Nevada, Sierra, Plumas, Tehama, Shasta, Lassen, Modoc, Trinity, Humboldt, Del Norte, and Siskiyou. Under the supervision of the Region 4-Northern Child Nutrition Supervisor I in the NFSU of the Program Integrity, Compliance, and Administration Section, the incumbent will monitor and complete administrative reviews of sponsors participating in Child Nutrition Programs CNP) for compliance with state and federal regulations; conduct nutrient analyses of meals served; educate the public, and for-profit and nonprofit sponsors; provide program-related technical assistance; and analyze and interpret federal and state laws and regulations. The position requires at least 50 percent travel in the Northern region and throughout the state of California.
Job Responsibility: DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Flexible-Learn CNPs from others
- Organized-Prioritize important tasks and deal with multiple priorities
- Team Players-Support and collaborate with colleagues, staff, and other stakeholders
- Innovative-Look for new ways to improve current systems to maximize program integrity
- Good Listeners-Promote and integrate feedback from internal and external customersvCorrespondents-Review, write, and approve high quality reports, memos, and sensitive documents
- Good Communicators-Communicate with a diverse population
- Knowledge Have experience and/or education in accounting, finances, budgets, and CNPs
- Registered Dietitians preferred
Job Requirement: STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must include a one-page Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) for this position. The SOQ is a narrative discussion (not a bulleted summary) prepared by the applicant describing how the applicant's skills, knowledge, abilities, education, training, and experience, qualify them for the position. The SOQ serves as documentation of each candidate's ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing. Cover letters and resumes do not take the place of an SOQ, and should not repeat the same information. The NSD will not consider applicants who fail to provide an SOQ with their application.
WHO MAY APPLY: Individuals who are eligible for all methods of appointment may be considered (e.g., list appointment, transfer, reinstatement, surplus, State Restriction of Appointments [SROA], reemployment, Training and Development assignment). For information on how to obtain list eligibility, please visit the CalHR Web site at http://www.jobs.ca.gov/. All applicants must clearly indicate the basis for their eligibility in the "Explanations" section on the Standard State Application Form (STD. 678). The NFSU may consider Child Nutrition Assistant candidates for recruitment purposes. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ON THE CERTIFICATION LIST BY PASSING THE EXAM PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION. THE EXAM CAN BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING LINK: HTTP://WWW.CDE.CA.GOV/RE/DI/JB/SSOEXAM.ASP. PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF YOUR EXAM RESULTS WITH YOUR STD. 678.
Contact: HOW TO APPLY: Submit a State Application (Form 678) to: Gayle Jamerson (3897)
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED or POSTMARKED BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE.
California Relay (Telephone) Service for the Deaf or Hearing Impaired: TDD Phones 1-800-735-2929 Voice Phones 1-800-735-2922
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
back to top ^