Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
San Diego Unified School DistrictFOOD SERVICES TRAINING SPECIALIST
Closing Date: June 14, 2013
Job Description: BASIC FUNCTION: Develop, coordinate, and conduct a variety of training programs for all levels of food services staff; develop and revise instructional materials, reference guides, and job aids; perform needs assessments.
Job Responsibility: REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: (Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.)
E = Essential Functions
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct training programs for all levels of food services staff, including 'train-the-trainer' programs for managers who are responsible for training other employees and job-specific workshops for various food services classifications. E
- Conduct and analyze job performance studies, task analyses, and needs assessments; recommend training and other performance improvement solutions. E
- Develop and revise a variety of instructional materials, including reference manuals, handbooks, and job aids. E
- Design evaluative methods to measure effectiveness of training and materials. E
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training provided. E
- Attend and evaluate training sessions conducted in cafeterias on a regular basis. E
- Maintain a regular, on-going, monthly training schedule. E
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Job Requirement: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training, experience, and/or education equivalent to graduation from a college or university with a major in business administration, public administration, education, or related field and two years of experience in developing and conducting training programs for adults. Institutional food management experience is desired.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
By the time of hire-Possession of a valid California driver's license and availability of private transportation (mileage expense allowance provided).
Contact: Apply on line at www.sandi.net. Select the employment tab, then select the non-teaching positions link, then select the non-teaching job board. For questions regarding the posting please contact Lorrie Birch at 619/725-8103.