StaffFood Service Specialist - Fullerton School District
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
Fullerton School DistrictFood Service Specialist
Closing Date: July 11, 2016
Job Description: The Personnel Commission is seeking a qualified individual to fill a Food Service Specialist, Main Dish/Hot Production vacancy in our Nutrition Center. This is an 8-hour, 10-month/year position with paid holidays, sick leave, vacation and a health benefits package. The complete job description can be found on edjoin.org - search Fullerton Elementary.
Job Responsibility: leads personnel in their work performance
Incumbents within this classification may perform some of these additional duties:
- Prepares, cooks, bakes, grills, heats and/or organizes food production such as hot meals, fruits, vegetables, special diets, breakfast items and junior high lunches for assigned specialized food service areas
- Weighs, measures, mixes, cuts and/or reconstitutes ingredients based on recipes as needed
- Coordinates, leads and participates in the loading and unloading of meals on trucks
- Assembles and prepares food and decor for special events
- Assists in the planning of catering events
- Assists in setting food quality standards regarding hot food production and/or cold food production
- Provides input in recipe development.
Job Requirement: Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school or GED is required. Verifiable formal coursework or training (i.e., vocational or college) in food service or a related field is preferred.
Experience: Five years of experience in preparing and/or serving food in large volume food production is required.
Knowledge of: Safe practices of lifting and moving materials; principles, procedures, and methods of computing and preparing food in large quantities; use of equipment, food weights and measures; basic arithmetic; principles, practices and/or techniques of record keeping; principles and practices of food sanitation and safety; proper use and care of kitchen appliances and equipment; methods and procedures for requisitioning, receiving and storing food materials, recipe ingredients and supplies; organization and operation of large volume food production.
Ability to: Read, understand and follow recipes; cook large quantities of food from scratch; perform recipe development, conversions and computations; perform arithmetical calculations related to food production; stand for long periods of time; push, pull, carry, lift and transport large and heavy items such as boxes, sacks of food, food carts, supplies and kettles; handle all types of food; operate a variety of cooking and kitchen machines, equipment, utensils and appliances such as convection ovens, commercial sanitizers, combination ovens, grills, gas ranges and steam kettle jackets; assemble and disassemble equipment for cleaning; maintain proper stock of various equipment; effectively plan and organize the work activities of specialized food service areas; lead the work of others; provide quality customer service; work safely and efficiently; understand, explain, carry out, and provide oral and written directions; exercise good judgment; work independently with minimal supervision; meet schedules and timelines; adhere to Federal Meal program requirements; establish and maintain cooperative work relationships; accurately estimate and order proper quantities of food and supplies; increase and decrease recipe quantities; determine and control settings for cooking and baking equipment; monitor food expiration dates and par levels of items stored; test proper functioning of various equipment; establish and maintain insurability to drive a District vehicle as part of the District's Pull Notice program; effectively work in a team environment; and comply with mandatory child abuse reporter training requirements as part of pre-employment and on an annual basis.
- Possession of a valid Class C California Driver's License and insurability to drive a District vehicle as part of the District's Pull Notice program is required.
- A valid ServSafe California Food Handler certification is required.
- The availability of private transportation to transport between job sites or the operation of a District vehicle is required.
- All applicants will be required to submit a recent (less than one month old from the recruitment closing date) DMV printout (H-6) showing their driving records for the past 10 years.
Contact: Interested applicants should apply online. Visit our Enjoin.org job site at: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/818197
back to top ^
> Coming Soon
> Coming Soon