StaffQuality Management Specialist - Food Safety - Steritech
Submit a Job Opportunity for Posting
For additional job listings try EdJoin.org using the search words Food Service or Child Nutrition.
SteritechQuality Management Specialist - Food Safety
Closing Date: March 11, 2014
Job Description: The Quality Management Specialist (QMS) position is an opportunity to combine food service operations experience, food safety knowledge and a passion for training and coaching others. This position is on the Operations team at Steritech reporting to a District Manager. The QMS has the unique opportunity to work within a wide variety of food service establishments, evaluate food prep and cooking standards, while ensuring food safety and sanitation practices are being upheld. Ensuring brand standards, food quality and friendly service are consistently executed every time will in turn ensure customer loyalty and satisfaction. Our clients are some of the world's leading brands, including retail, food service and institutional dining.
The QMS works closely with a diverse group of food service professionals, plus serves as a liaison between the operators and their parent company. The successful candidate will have a passion for customer care, high-level knowledge of food operations and food safety, plus the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Our people are our most important asset. We hire highly talented individuals, challenge them, treat them with respect, and provide them with the tools, training, and opportunities they need to succeed. You have the opportunity to travel, meet new people and make an impact every day.
Job Responsibility: Responsibilities Include
- Performing food safety and brand standards audits in retail settings, including restaurants/food service and supermarkets
- Consulting with clients on issues observed during inspections
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Facilitating communication of food safety and brand standard information to clients
- Utilizing problem solving and judgment to provide clients with ways to solve concerns and avoid future problems
- Educating clients regarding issue resolution, the science of why problems occur and best practices to avoid problems
- Understanding quality and flavor profiles, including tasting, that go beyond manuals and written analyses
- Observing cooking, preparatory processes and clean-up to ensure proper practices, safety and customer satisfaction
- Evaluating, in a direct manner, customer experiences with clients
- Promptly completing and submitting assigned reports
- Regularly improving and learning through online and in-field training
- Consistently traveling daily throughout the assigned territory - The QMS must maintain a company-issued service vehicle and service equipment in excellent condition
- Overnight travel is required; Up to 50% or 10 days a month - Most travel occurs within an assigned territory with opportunities to assist in other territories periodically
- Weekend and evening work will be required
Job Requirement: Position Requirements Degrees and Experience
Must have at least 1 of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science
- Bachelor's degree (other than a Science) with at least two (2) years of experience in food service or food-related work
- Associate's degree with at least four (4) years progressive experience in food service or food-related work
- High School Diploma/GED and at least five (5) years progressive experience in food service or food-related work
- A valid driver's license and good driving record; No more than three (3) minor violations and no major violations in the last three (3) years - This will be verified upon offered employment
- Excellent computer skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools is required
- This position requires overnight travel; Up to 50%. Candidates must be willing to travel by car on a daily basis and by plane as needed. Travel expenses and hotel accommodations are provided.
- This position also requires evening and weekend work, per round requirements
- Offers are contingent upon passing pre-employment Drug, Background and Motor Vehicle Record checks, and Job Specific Functional testing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Food Science, Nutrition preferred
- Degrees in Hospitality Management or Culinary Arts a plus
- Experience in food service management preferred
- ServSafe and/or CP-FS Certification(s) a plus
- Consistent travel experience in a current or previous position a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must be well organized and comfortable working independently
- Strong technical knowledge of food safety is preferred
The QMS conducts audits that measure conformity to established regulatory, industry and proprietary brand standards for clients in the restaurant, hotel, supermarket and health care industries. In many cases, the QMS uses best practices and experience to work with a client in a way that goes past auditing and addresses root cause and business solutions.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.STERITECH.COM.
The Steritech Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Contact: Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5zxrhvv
back to top ^